Questions For Your Tampa Mover
Don’t go in blind, sit down with a paper and pencil and jot down a few questions. We’ve taken the liberty of list to write down for you to get started.
- How long has the moving company been in business?
- Are they licensed?
- Is the company insured?
- Have they won any awards or accolades for service?
- Can they show you any letters of recommendation?
- Do they have any reviews online?
- What do their rates really include?
- Do they have any special consolidation policies or delivery windows? (for out of state moves)
- Are they active in the community?
- What sort of specialty experience do they have?
- Do they measure doorways, stairways, elevators etc. in advance?
Questions Your Tampa Mover Should Have For You
If they know what they’re doing they should be asking you as many questions as you are asking them. Every move is different and each has it’s own unique challenges for the move. It should raise a red flag if they don’t have anything to ask.
- Would you prefer a in home binding flat rate or are you ok with a estimate over the phone?
- What is going and what is not? (binding flat rate)
- Will you need any packing done? (binding flat rate)
- If you need packing services how would you like your items packed? e.g. wardrobe boxes, standard boxes or garbage bags for cloths etc. (binding flat rate)
- Are there any items you are not sure will be going? (binding flat rate)
- Are there any special circumstances? e.g. divorce, closing, second stop, helping a relative move etc. (binding flat rate and over the phone estimate)
- Are there any stairs and if so what kind and how many, narrow doorways, tight corners, wood floors, long walk, bad driveway, bad conditions to get truck in etc. (binding flat rate and over the phone estimate)
- Are there any items over 100 lbs? (over the phone estimate)
- Approx how many boxes will you have? (over the phone estimate)
- From point A to point B how long does it take you to drive? (over the phone estimate)
- Do you have any items that are labor intensive? e.g. canopy bed, 5 piece entertainment center etc. (over the phone estimate)
- Do you have any items that are very fragile? e.g. grandfather clock, very large mirror, large curio cabinet etc. (over the phone estimate)
ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS ARE MANDATORY IN BEING ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE MOST ACCURATE PRICE POSSIBLE WHETHER IT IS A IN HOME BINDING FLAT RATE OR A OVER THE PHONE ESTIMATE. IF YOUR MOVER IS NOT ASKING THESE QUESTIONS IT IS TIME TO FIND ANOTHER MOVER.
Useful Resources To Help Qualify Your Mover:
Movers.com – Question about a Binding Estimate
Movers.com – Have a question? You can ask here!
Department of Transportation FMCSA – Resource
Department of Transportation FMCSA – Company Snapshot
Department of Transportation FMCSA – License / Complaint Look-Up
Ripoff Report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported. File your review. Consumers educating consumers.™
Better Business Bureau (BBB)